Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Corn Sheller Man

So, I was all relaxed.  I had packed my bag and discovered I could get everything I needed to bring to Tanzania into one medium sized suitcase, plus my small carry-on bag.  That was good.  Then, I got 2 phone calls.  First, could I bring a laser printer toner cartridge since the current one is out of toner?  Second, could I bring along some corn shellers?  I didn't know what a corn sheller looked like.  I agreed to both requests.

Bring out the second suitcase.  The toner cartridge was larger than I expected, but wasn't really a big problem. Then, I got a box of 50 metal corn shellers (see the picture on the left).  The second suitcase is now ready to go.  It's heavier than my original one which held everything I needed to take to TZ.

I'm not sure how I will explain 50 corn shellers to the security people as I pass through customs in Amsterdam or when I attempt to enter Tanzania.

The adventure begins.

1 comment: